Sunday 24 January 2016

Moroccan Stew - My Weight Loss Secret

Make this easy Moroccan stew and lose weight without even thinking about it

My favourite healthy food is from my dad’s celiac repertoire Moroccan Stew from Crazy Plates. It’s a great health recipe because it’s full of fibre, the chickpeas add some protein plus the sweet potato contributes some vitamin A! Better yet the peanut butter makes it hearty. I believe this is my first post which I took the pictures with my new 50mm prime lens. It takes much brighter and crisp pictures than my stock zoom lens plus it focuses much quicker! If you’re planning on getting an SLR I would recommend getting the body-only option and buying a 50mm prime separately - much better value for money than the stock zoom that most SLR’s come with!



The ingredients:



Start by sauteing the celery, onion and garlic:



Add almost all the ingredients except the raisins, peanut butter, and cilantro to make this colourful concoction:



(I used a bouillon cube instead of actual broth as usual - since it’s cheaper.) Add the peanut butter, cilantro, and raisins in the last 5 minutes and you’re done! All in all a very easy recipe - the ratios are easily mixed up - I usually put in more sweet potato and onion than the recipe calls for but it always turns out good regardless. The thing that takes the most time is the dicing and cubing (wear goggles for the onion dicing!). I usually soak the sweet potato, then peel them, then cut them lengthwise, then cube them. I find it a bit easier in this order. Enjoy!

You also might like: How I Lost 15 lbs in 60 days or 11 ways to actually complete a workout program this time

No comments:

Post a Comment